Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tilapia Oreganata

IMG_0937

Ok enough with all the cookies...

I've been attempting to incorporate more white fish into my world. It took some researching to convince myself I could make white fish even the least bit appealing. I realized, however, that the beauty of fish is that it is a blank slate. You can make white fish in so many different ways that "boring" isn't really an excuse for not including it in your diet. 

Try this great recipe I found at Clean & Delicious. It uses tilapia instead of your usual cod or sole, which perked my interest. I bet after tasting this dish you'll warm up to the idea as well. White fish has possibility, my friends.

Serve up this meal with a good salad or some garlic green beans. Yum!

Tilapia Oreganata

Ingredients
1 pound tilapia filets
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
The zest of one lemon
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon whole wheat bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil.

Place tilapia on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.

In a small bowl combine garlic, lemon zest (not the juice), oregano, and olive oil. Using a pastry brush (or your hands) rub the herbed oil on top of each filet. Finish by sprinkling the breadcrumbs evenly on top of the fillets.

Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is opaque and just cooked through.

Serve with fresh lemon wedges and your favorite veggie. Enjoy!

Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...